A rich stock made from bones can be worthy of the highest praise. It is what makes pho complex and satisfying, ramen rich and sinful, and chicken soup aromatic and nourishing. What you may have not known is the numerous benefits from eating these tasty stocks. The cooking process breaks down bones and connective tissues, which include proteins, minerals and fat, that heal the body in various ways:
- Excellent source of minerals and is known to boost the immune system and improve digestion.
- High in calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus to improve bone and tooth health and generate energy.
- Collagen supports bones, joints, hair, skin, nails and the brain.
- High in the amino acids proline and glycine which are vital for healthy connective tissues
- Bone marrow helps the immune system by carrying oxygen to cells in the body.
The longer you cook it, the more nutritious it gets. So get out the slow cooker and let the healing begin.
Click to read more about the benefits of bone stock and get tips on how to make the most delicious, nutritious broths.